PATH's Malaria Vaccine Initiative (MVI) is a program of PATH, an international nonprofit organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. MVI works with partners in private industry, government, and academia to develop malaria vaccines.
Our major activities include:
- Establishing partnerships to manufacture and produce malaria vaccine candidates.
- Evaluating and managing intellectual property issues to overcome or avoid commercial barriers to vaccine development.
- Developing clinical trial sites and conducting malaria vaccine clinical trials.
- Developing and refining vaccine evaluation technologies.
- Advocating around the need for malaria vaccines and around the need to increase global spending for malaria research and development.
MVI establishes strategic product development partnerships to develop malaria vaccine approaches, applying PATH’s Guiding Principles for Private-Sector Collaboration.